Does Citrine Help with Sleep? Find Out Now.
Each day, millions of people across the globe struggle to either fall asleep or stay asleep. For some people, this is only a brief problem. For others, however, insomnia can become an ongoing struggle. Chronic insomnia can hurt your overall health, increasing your risk of high blood pressure and depression, among other problems.
While there are a number of ways to combat your sleep-related problems, one technique that has gained lots of popularity in the last few years is the use of crystals! Crystal healing refers to alternative medicine in which different crystals are used to heal both the body and mind. But does citrine help with sleep?
It is widely believed that crystals can be a great sleep remedy that is effective, natural, and safe. Crystal stones interact with your body’s energy points, helping alleviate stress, boosting creativity and concentration, and even enhancing sleep. But while popular, how effective are these gorgeous gems in alleviating insomnia? And if you are going to use crystals, how will you incorporate them into your treatment routine?
So, today in this post, we are going to provide you with an extensive article on how to use crystals, particularly Citrine, for sleep.
So, why does Citrine help with sleep?
Commonly referred to as a success stone, citrine is found in metamorphic and igneous rocks. It can also be found in clastic sediments, with arguably the best quality found inside mineral veins. It belongs to the quartz family and features both yellow and gold colors.
Crystals are extremely powerful! They have the power and magic to transform and boost the energetic landscape of a room. If your room’s energy is negative or bad, it will ultimately impact how you interact with your space as well as how you sleep. Placing crystals such as citrine somewhere in your bedroom will significantly boost the overall atmosphere of your space, making it somewhat more peaceful, calm, and soothing to ensure a restful night’s sleep.
On most occasions, what makes you not fall asleep are lower vibration energies such as anxiety, worry, stress, and perhaps fear. What’s more, research shows that even busy thoughts and an overwhelmed mind can potentially prevent you from falling or staying asleep. Crystals have also been shown to initiate the feeling of mindfulness. And by simply holding and feeling citrine crystal’s rough edges and smooth texture in your hands, you’ll experience a state of mindfulness. And being mindful prevents you from focusing on past events as well as future anticipations. This, in turn, clears your mind and allows you to sleep better!
So, how does citrine help with sleep?
As we previously mentioned, citrine promotes better sleep by helping you to release negative energies or traits from your body, such as fear, bad thoughts, and poor mood, and in turn, help encourage warmth, optimism, clarity, and motivation. What’s more, citrine boosts a mindful state, preventing you from focusing your energy on both past and future events. And when you are not worried about anything, you can easily fall and stay asleep.
According to alternative medicine experts, crystals such as citrine boast excellent healing power simply because they allow fruitful and positive energy to flow into your body, removing the toxic, negative energy. Employing the same technique as an alternative therapy, citrine works by channeling your energy levels, thereby healing your body from the inside.
It is imperative to note that citrine, and other crystals in general, boast their specific vibration and frequency abilities, which are brought about by their molecular composition. And these energies and vibrations interact with your body to help uplift your mood, mind as well as health significantly. And they can also absorb negative energies, allowing your body to absorb fresh vibes.
And because they are extracted from natural sources, crystals harness the energies of the oceans, moon, and sun to enhance your state. When you hold or place a crystal over your body, it will interact with your body’s chakras, helping to promote both mental and physical wellness. It is widely believed that crystals, including citrine, vibrate at the same pitch as human beings, implying that they optimize your existing healing abilities. And because of this highly comforting feeling, citrine allows you to feel at ease and connect better.
So, what other crystals help with sleep?
Generally, crystals that are associated with the lower chakras may help promote sleep. If you didn’t know, sleep is a lower chakra activity. Sleep-boosting crystals are usually soothing, calming, comforting, and stress-reducing. Below are additional crystals that may help promote sleep:
- Howlite: Howlite crystals boast soothing and relaxing energy that may help alleviate stress symptoms and aid insomnia. If you are finding it tough to fall asleep or stay asleep, just grab some Howlite crystals, place them under your pillow and you’ll immediately fall asleep thanks to its incredible relaxing energy.
- Amethyst: This is a highly purifying crystal that is known to open the crown chakra, aligning users with divine wisdom. Having it in your bedroom and closer to your bed initiates calmness within your brain, brings healing energy to your dreams, and enhances deep sleep.
- Lepidolite: The unrivaled soothing and relaxing energy of this particular crystal will instantly make you fall asleep. It is an incredible crystal that also promotes feelings of joy, gratitude as well as self-love serenely and calmly.
- Sodalite: This is another excellent crystal for promoting sleep. It achieves this by cleansing and balancing your aura. What’s more, it reduces stress and also prevents you from focusing your energy on less important things in your life!
- Selenite: Having disturbing thoughts before bedtime? If yes, this particular crystal is what you need to have at your disposal. It boasts a lot of calming energy that will instantly alleviate all the negative thoughts from your mind, initiating a sense of calm and peace. What’s more, it can help you let go and forgive, and this makes it the best crystal to use if you are experiencing some troubling thoughts.
So, how should you use citrine for sleep?
Feeling inspired and are now ready to dabble in the magical powers of these precious stones? First and foremost, the first step to harnessing the power of crystals is to identify your current wellness needs. It could be to boost serenity, ease anxiety and depression, or promote sleep. Crystals can be used in a number of ways but, to be more specific, you can use citrine to aid insomnia in the following ways:
- Place citrine underneath your pillow: Wellness experts agree that by placing a sleep-boosting crystal under your pillow, you’ll be getting as close as you can to its natural frequency. Your proximity to the crystal will keep your aura and emotions relaxed, ensuring you enjoy a great night’s sleep.
- Meditation: Meditation is highly beneficial for almost every single part of our being, including spirit, body, and mind. Meditation will help you to relax, will help clear your mind, and will equally remove any unwanted and negative thoughts from your mind. Integrating crystals into your meditation routine can be a powerful way to achieve your wellness goals, including promoting sleep. Whether you are an enthusiast meditator, or you are just getting started, and irrespective of how long you have been experimenting with crystals, combining these two techniques may help unlock a new and highly effective way to take care of your body. Immersing yourself into a meditative state, combined with the relaxing and calming powers of citrine crystal, will ultimately allow both your mind and body to safely drift off into a state of peace before bedtime.
- Carry it with you throughout the day: This is another proven way to use the citrine crystal to boost your sleep. Believe it or not, having a crystal in your body throughout the day can potentially help you enjoy a good night’s sleep. Carrying crystals with you will ultimately help relax and balance your body, spirit, and mind. And when you are relaxed, your body can effortlessly settle down, especially at night, allowing you to sleep much better.
- Place citrine crystals beneath your bed: Another great way to use sleep-inducing crystals is to place them under your bed. Just grab a small bowl, fill it with some rice (uncooked) and then place your citrine crystals on top of the bowl and then place the bowl in a safe place under your bed, preferably close to where your head would be.
- Place the crystal on top of your bedside table: This is arguably the easiest way to use citrine for sleep. You can put the crystals in a small bowl or just on top of the table.
It is imperative to note that for effective results, you will need to make citrine crystal a part of your bedtime routine. By making citrine a part of your winding-down routine, you’ll incredibly benefit from its sleep-boosting powers.
Taking care of your crystal:
When you purchase any crystal for the first time, it is highly advisable that you cleanse away any form of negative energy it might have picked along the way. To do this, you can either rinse it using a natural source of water or wash it using cold, running water. Just make sure the water you are using is cold enough!
The Bottom line:
Ancient cultures around the globe have always used crystals in healing and wellness practices for many years. But do these precious stones boast sleep-boosting powers? The answer is yes. Whether your lack of sleep is caused by simple insomnia, anxiety, stress, or negative thoughts, crystals, particularly citrine, can naturally help relax and soothe your body and mind, allowing you to have a good night’s sleep.
To Stay informed on the latest in crystal care and other developments, sign up for our newsletter below!